Through a new ‘Sport Premium’ the Government is providing £150 million in each of the next two years to support the delivery of PE and sport in primary schools. The money is sent directly to Headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all children in their school.
Purpose of Funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this as long as the impact on the children is clear.
How will Much Marcle Spend the Funding?
- Provide staff with professional development by sending them on courses that can develop their teaching in areas that they are less confident in.
- Employ a specialist sports coach who will provide weekly lessons for all children. Not only will the children benefit from being taught by the specialist but it provides the staff with professional develop in certain areas of PE.
- Increasing the opportunities for children to take part in after school clubs.
- Releasing the sports co-ordinator to monitor PE teaching across the school and be able to take sports teams to events throughout the school year.
- Setting up Sports Leaders and a Sports Crew where the children have more say about PE in school and will be in charge of setting up lunchtime activities for all children to take part in.